Vision Screening and Vision Rehab Therapy
Date: Saturday, January 19, 2013
Time: Registration @ 7:30 am, Course from 8 am-5 pm
Location: TIRR Memorial Hermann Kirby Glen, 2455 S. Braeswood, Houston, Tx 77030
Participants will learn how functional visual skills form the basis for learning the vision screening tool. You will also learn how focusing, tracking, depth perception and binocular coordination can be affected by neurological and developmental deficits and how to modify the treatment plan appropriately.
CMI Education Institute, Inc. offers continuing education programs and products under the brand names CMI Education Institute, Premier Education Solutions, PESI, and MEDS-PDN.
• Premier Education Solutions, Powered by PESI is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education. Provider #: 3322. Full attendance at this course qualifies for 6.25 contact hours or .625 CEUs. Partial credit will be issued for partial attendance. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA. Course Level: Intermediate.
• This course has been approved by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners as meeting continuing education requirements for PTs and PTAs. Full attendance qualifies for 6.25 CCUs.
• This course is offered for .6 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, related area)
• This seminar qualifies for 6.3 continuing education clock hours as required by many national, state and local licensing boards and professional organizations. Save your course outline and certificate of completion, and contact your own board or organization for specific requirements.
• Recognize visual deficits and how they affect performance
• Visual Screening, scoring and documentation
• Setting up a vision screening program and referral with a vision consultant
• Why Vision Screening?
• Vision Screening
• Anatomy of the Eye
• Functional Visual Skills
• Visual Dysfunction
• How to Use Vision Consultants
Registration will be accepted in the order received, based on space availability. Payment & registration must be received to reserve your attendance. Registration fee includes: Continental breakfast and all course hand out materials. Lunch on your own.
Registration is limited to 40 participants; registration begins December 10, 2012.
All cancellations must be in writing. Refunds will be given if written notice of cancellation is received by January 10, 2013. A 25% administrative charge will be deducted from this refund. Cancellation of the event by TIRR Memorial Hermann will result in a full refund of monies received. TIRR Memorial Hermann is not responsible for the refund of travel or hotel expenses under any circumstance. TIRR Memorial Hermann reserves the right to cancel or change any programs for due cause.
Celine Mathews, Administrative Assistant
TIRR Memorial Hermann
C/o Speech Department
1333 Moursund Ave, Houston, TX 77030