What Makes Children’s Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Special?
- A dedicated pediatric unit with a specially equipped playroom and comfortable patient rooms, including window-seat sofa beds for family members staying overnight
- A Level III neonatal intensive care unit with the ability to care for premature infants with a gestational age as low as 25 weeks, including the capability to provide conventional mechanical ventilation
- The services of a Child Life specialist working to make each child’s healthcare experience less frightening by explaining to children what to expect during hospitalization or how to cope with the illness or injury of a parent or other family member
- UT Physicians Pediatric Specialty Clinic onsite, offering care in the areas of pediatric cardiology and pediatric neurology.
- The support and resources of Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital, located within Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
- Access to the Children’s Transport Team for specialized emergency pediatric and neonatal transport services for patients by ground ambulance or via Memorial Hermann Life Flight®
The Healthcare Team
Our skilled healthcare team has specialized training in the care of children and infants. It includes:
- Neonatal nurse practitioners
- Respiratory therapists
- Child Life specialist
- Maternal-fetal medicine specialists
- Lactation consultants
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech therapists
- Pediatric pharmacist
- Pediatric dietitian
- Social workers
- Case managers
- Other healthcare professionals
Emergency care just for kids
- Coverage by board-certified pediatricians from The University of Texas Medical School at Houston is available at night and on the weekends
- The services of a trained child life specialist to provide emotional support for children related to illness, injury and hospitalization
- Suite of specially themed and decorated children’s treatment rooms with pediatric medical equipment
- If required, children can be admitted to one of the private rooms in the dedicated pediatric unit at Children’s Memorial Hermann The Woodlands
- Rooms equipped with a TV and DVD player, plus a sleeper sofa for a parent
- Central playroom offers an assortment of toys and video games
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
In our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) our medical staff cares for infants as young as 25 weeks gestation.
Our medical staff neonatalogists and neonatal nurse practitioners lead a specialized team of nurses, respiratory therapists, occupational therapist, physical therapists, lactation consultants, pharmacists and social workers who work together to care for your baby. Our NICU staff will provide specialized treatment in a Family Centered Care environment with an open visitation policy to encourage and support your involvement in the care of your baby.
While most infant surgeries can be performed at our facility, in the event that your baby must be transferred, Memorial Hermann Life Flight®, with a dedicated Neonatal Transport Team, is readily available. Our affiliation with Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital provides for seamless access to the higher level specialty services offered at the university-affiliated hospital.
UT Physicians Pediatric Specialty Clinic
Children’s Memorial Hermann The Woodlands, in partnership with UT Physicians, is pleased to offer a range of specialty clinics for children. UT Physicians is the faculty group medical practice of The University of Texas Medical School at Houston (UT Medical School).
UT Physicians Pediatric Specialty Clinic Campus Location
Medical Plaza 1 at Memorial Hermann The Woodlands
1120 Medical Plaza Drive, Suite 120
Children require special equipment because they have smaller hearts and blood vessels. They also have special sedation and monitoring needs because of their age and ability to cooperate during care. Heart services at Children’s Memorial Hermann The Woodlands include: EKG, echocardiograms and Holter monitoring.
Mohinder Thapar, M.D. - Pediatric Cardiologist
- Fridays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Call 832-325-6516 for appointments
Areas of specialty care include:
- General pediatric neurology (headaches, seizures)
- Autism and developmental disorders
- Cerebral palsy and motor disorders
- Neuromuscular disorders in children
- Tourette syndrome
- Movement disorders
Ian Butler, M.D. – Pediatric Neurologist
- Every other Thursday from 1 to 5 p.m.
- Call 832-325-7151 for appointments
Need a Referral?
If you need a referral to a pediatrician or any of the services available at Children’s Memorial Hermann The Woodlands, call 713.897.5959.