Volunteer at Memorial Hermann Southeast
Memorial Hermann Southeast offers a wide range of volunteer opportunities. By becoming a volunteer, you will be an integral part of our healthcare team. The rewards of being a volunteer are many and varied:
- Opportunity to develop new work skills
- Helps you to develop a sense of self-worth and meaning in your life
- Provides you with an opportunity to check out new career fields in the medical field by working hand in hand with healthcare professionals
- Enables you to acquire community service hours for school related projects and scholarships
- Gives you many opportunities to develop new, lasting friendships
- Provides opportunities for you to obtain "observation" hours or community service hours to enter fields such as physical therapy
What are the requirements to volunteer?
- Must be 15 years of age or older
- Must be in the 9th grade – or higher
- Work at least one day a week for four hours
- Work a minimum of 2 ½ hours if in school
- Flexible scheduling is available; we will meet your needs
Where do volunteers work?
Volunteers at Memorial Hospital offer support staffing to most departments in the hospital. Jobs include both clerical and non-clerical. You may select from fast-paced to slow-paced work environments. A sampling of job opportunities include:
- Day surgery (waiting room, pre-op, or)
- Emergency center
- Transportation desk (patient transport; errand service)
- Information desk
- Gift shop
- New born nursery
- Surgical and ICU Reception Desks
- Outpatient Reception Desk
- Patient Representative Assistant
- Many more…
We offer a year-round program for junior volunteers. High school students may volunteer year-round in our program.
What do I need to do?
- Pick up and complete an application or complete the online application for Adults or Juniors
- Attend a two-hour orientation
- Purchase a uniform (name tag provided)
For more information contact:
Steven Williams at (281) 929-4199 or Kevin Long at (281) 929-4164