Jose M. Ortega, MD, Installed as Chief of Staff at Memorial Hermann Northeast
HOUSTON, TX (January02,
Jose M. Ortega, MD, a surgeon from Kingwood, has been installed as 2008 chief of staff of Memorial Hermann Northeast Hospital. He assumed his position on Jan. 1, 2008.
Susan Dobbs Curling, MD, an anesthesiologist, was selected as chief of staff-elect at the Northeast Campus Medical Staff's annual meeting held recently. She will assume her chief of staff position on Jan. 1, 2009.
Newly elected officers and chairmen of the Northeast Medical Staff for 2008 include:
- Jose M. Ortega, MD, chief of staff
- Susan Dobbs Curling, MD, chief of staff-elect
- Mario Villafani, MD, secretary/treasurer
- Srinivas Rumalla, MD, member at large
- Richard Baltz, MD, member at large
- Marcy Lim, MD, past chief of staff
- Abdus Arif, MD, anesthesia department chair
- Malcolm Bremer, MD, surgery department chair
- Robert Grayson, MD, medicine department chair
- Miles Mahan, MD, ob/gyn/pediatrics department chair
- Viren Balsara, MD, radiology department chair
- Jude Malican, MD, emergency department chair
Dr. Ortega earned his doctor of medicine degree from The University of Texas Medical School at Houston (UT Medical School) and completed his internship and residency in general surgery also from UT Medical School. While at UT Medical School, Dr. Ortega also completed a research fellowship in digestive diseases and nutrition.
Dr. Ortega has been a member of the Northeast campus medical staff since 1995. He represents Northeast on the Memorial Hermann Clinical Programs Sub-Committee for Bariatrics.
Dr. Ortega is board certified in general surgery by the American Board of Surgery.
For more information, contact Media Relations.