River Oaks Imaging & Diagnostic Now Memorial Hermann Imaging Centers
HOUSTON, TX (February03,
Network of 23 Imaging Centers Offer Most Advanced Technology to Better Serve the Community
River Oaks Imaging & Diagnostic, LP is now Memorial Hermann Imaging Centers. As a result, Memorial Hermann now operates 23 full-service imaging centers, including four comprehensive breast centers.
"The newly expanded Memorial Hermann Imaging Centers offer patients and their physicians high-quality, convenient imaging and diagnostic services in easily accessible locations across the greater Houston area," said James Polfreman, Memorial Hermann Retail Health Care Businesses chief executive officer.
The former River Oaks Imaging & Diagnostic locations underwent extensive cosmetic improvements before the name change took effect. Additionally, each former River Oaks Imaging & Diagnostic location is now being outfitted with new, state-of-the-art equipment with an anticipated completion date of first quarter 2009. The new suite of technology will include:
• Digital Mammography - The latest technological advancement for breast cancer detection, digital mammography offers sharper, faster, more accurate images. It also uses a lower radiation dose and allows physicians the ability to enhance, magnify or optimize images for closer evaluation or interpretation.
• 3-Tesla MRIs - Twice as powerful as and faster than the standard MRI, the 3-Tesla MRI allows for more precise diagnosis, better surgical planning and improved outcomes.
• High Field Open MRIs - An Open MRI offers a less-confined scanning experience with the same exceptional diagnostic quality of the traditional scanner.
• 16-slice CTs - In as little as 20 seconds, the 16-slice CT can scan a wide range of anatomy and applications, including the abdomen, thorax, spine, head and neck, extremities, vessels and vasculature.
• PET/CT - The PET/CT provides complete metabolic and biochemical information in one scan allowing for more accurate diagnosis of cancer , earlier identification of disease and more precise oncology treatment planning.
"The advanced technologies available at all Memorial Hermann Imaging Centers will allow for more accurate imaging so that physicians can better pinpoint a diagnosis," added Polfreman. "They also translate to faster exam times for patients, immediate review of images and easier and quicker reporting so that referring physicians often get same day results."
For more information and/or a complete listing of Memorial Hermann Imaging Centers call 1.877.704.8700.
About Memorial Hermann Healthcare System
An integrated health system, Memorial Hermann is known for world-class clinical expertise, patient-centered care, leading edge technology, and innovation. The system, with its exceptional medical staff and 19,000 employees, serves southeast Texas and the greater Houston community. Memorial Hermann's 11 hospitals include three hospitals in the Texas Medical Center, including a level 1 trauma center, a hospital for children and a rehabilitation hospital, as well as three heart & vascular institute locations and eight suburban hospitals. The system also operates an air ambulance, cancer, imaging and surgery centers, sports medicine and rehabilitation centers, outpatient laboratories, a Wellness Center, a chemical dependency treatment center, a home health agency, a retirement community and a nursing home. To learn more, visit www.memorialhermann.org, or call 713.222.CARE.