Weight Loss Study For Men and Women with SCI
Lead Physician: Heather B. Taylor, Ph.D.
Volunteers needed for an online weight loss study for men and women with SCI
You may be eligible if you:
- Are at least 18 years of age
- Have a spinal cord injury with onset at least one year ago
- Are overweight or obese
- Live in Houston or the surrounding area
- Have an interest in making lifestyle changes to lose weight
- Have access to a computer with internet
- (Additional eligibility criteria apply)
Participants will be randomly assigned to either a weight loss or a control condition.
- Participants assigned to the weight loss condition will participate in a 24-weekgroup program that meets online (with once monthly in-person meetings).
- Participants assigned to the control condition will receive program materials atthe end of the study.
All participants will come to TIRR-Memorial Hermann on three occasions to be weighed and have body measurements taken. Participants will complete online questionnaires and wear a device to monitor activity level at each of the three assessments.
Participants will be offered a small payment for completing each assessment.
Contact us today and ask about becoming a participant in the GoHealthySCI Research Study!
by phone: (713) 797- 7572
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The study is funded by the Craig H. Neilsen Foundation. The study is being conducted through TIRR-Memorial Hermann’s Spinal Cord Injury and Disability Research Center in Houston, Texas by investigators affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine. Other collaborating institutions include the University of Houston, the University of Montana, and the University of Texas Houston Health Science Center.