Our congestive heart failure program is designed to help you:
- Take control of your health
- Understand your condition better
- Better recognize the signs and symptoms of congestive heart failure
- Make better health decisions
My Health Advocate does not replace or change your current relationship with your primary care doctor. Program staff will provide your doctor ongoing communication and coordination regarding your progress.
What to expect
- A nurse case manager will call you to conduct an initial assessment within one week of today's doctor visit.
- The nurse case manager will help you design a personalized plan to help you manage your symptoms, including ensuring you are taking your medications, refilling your prescriptions and keeping your doctor appointments.
- The nurse case manager will call you monthly, at your convenience, to track your progress and report back to your doctor on a regular basis. Timing of these calls is tailored to your initial assessment.
To enroll in My Health Advocate, you must use Medicare or Medicaid. You must also have a primary care physician (PCP). If you don't currently have a PCP, we encourage you to find one through Memorial Hermann's Physician Referral Service.
Our other free programs include:
For questions, call 713.338.6711.