My Health Advocate Diabetes Management Program
Our diabetes program is designed to help you:
- Take control of your health
- Understand your diabetes better
- Better recognize the signs and symptoms of your diabetes
- Make better health decisions
My Health Advocate does not replace or change your current relationship with your primary care doctor. Program staff will provide your doctor ongoing communication and coordination regarding your progress.
What to expect
- A nurse case manager will call you to conduct an initial assessment within one week of today's doctor visit.
- The nurse case manager will help you design a personalized plan to help you manage your symptoms, including ensuring you are taking your medications, refilling your prescriptions and keeping your doctor appointments.
- While you are enrolled in this program, you will be expected to track your glucose readings and medications. You will also be expected to have an eye exam, foot exam and Hemoglobin A1C blood test.
- The nurse case manager will call you monthly, at your convenience, to track your progress and report back to your doctor on a regular basis. Timing of these calls is tailored to your initial assessment.
To enroll in My Health Advocate, you must use Medicare or Medicaid. You must also have a primary care physician (PCP). If you don't currently have a PCP, we encourage you to find one through Memorial Hermann's Physician Referral Service.
Our other free programs include:
For questions, call (713) 338-6711.