Is It Time for a Nutrition Checkup?
It's time for a checkup if…
- You or a family member have diabetes, high cholesterol, or high blood pressure.
- You have concerns about your child's nutrition.
- You diet routinely, only to regain the weight.
- You dislike your body image and/or struggle with obesity.
- You are discontent with your current eating patterns.
- You eat on the run and survive on hit-or-miss meals.
- You routinely lack energy and feel chronically fatigued.
- You want to invest in your health and future well-being.
Good Nutrition Promotes Good Health
As the old saying goes - you are what you eat! Memorial Hermann Nutrition Consultants are dedicated to providing nutrition education to individuals of all ages. Our registered, licensed dietitian nutritionists can help you establish nutrition goals that meet your health needs and fit into your lifestyle. We believe our personal approach to nutrition management will enhance your ability to achieve your goals.
Our Services Include:
- Nutrition evaluation
- Medical nutrition therapy for adults and pediatrics:
- Gastrointestinal disease
- General nutrition/wellness/sports
- High cholesterol/high blood pressure
- Pre- and postoperative bariatric surgery
- Renal Disease
- Vegetarian Nutrition
- Weight loss prior to surgical procedure (i.e., joint replacement, esophageal, gastric, some colorectal surgeries or cardiac procedures)
- Weight management
- Personalized instruction, including appropriate educational materials, meal planning, and restaurant dining
- Follow-up and support
- Interpreter services available upon request
We consult with your physician to ensure your nutrition plan meets your specific health needs. Making nutrition and lifestyle changes can greatly enhance your health and any treatment plan as prescribed by your physician.
How to Schedule a Memorial Hermann Outpatient Nutrition Consult/Appointment
Check with your doctor for a referral to a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. A physician's prescription is necessary if the participant wishes to utilize health insurance benefits to cover the cost of the visits. Medical Nutrition Therapy is covered by some insurance group, Medicare and some Medicaid plans, depending on the medical diagnosis. Please contact your insurance provider to verify your benefits. Self-pay appointments are available. Appointment times may vary by location. Please contact the hospital campus closest to you to schedule an appointment.
Our priority is to help you meet your nutrition goals by working with you to develop a plan that fits your lifestyle.
Ask your physician for a referral for Medical Nutrition Therapy with a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist.
If insurance is to reimburse for the service, all necessary information and authorization must be received prior to the appointment. Self-pay patients are also welcome. Complete payment for services is required at the time of appointment.
- Have at least a Bachelor of Science degree in Foods and Nutrition
- May have a master's degree and/or advanced certifications
- Are registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Are licensed by the state of Texas
- Have completed an Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics accredited internship program
Continuing education requirements for registered and licensed dietitians are your assurance that you are receiving current information on the impact of nutrition on your health care.
For More Information
For more information about Memorial Hermann Nutrition Consultants, to obtain a referral form, or to schedule a consultation, please call the facility most convenient to you.
*Patients with newly diagnosed diabetes or a history of diabetes with no previous diabetes education may be eligible for an American Diabetes Association Recognized Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support Program on select Memorial Hermann campuses. Please visit Diabetes & Endocrinology for more information.