Am I a Candidate?
Do you think you have sleep apnea or another sleep disorder? Take the self assessment below.
- Do you snore loudly (louder than talking or loud enough to be heard through closed doors)?
- Do you often feel tired, fatigued, or sleepy during the daytime, even after a “good” night’s sleep?
- Has anyone ever observed you stop breathing during your sleep?
- Do you have or are you being treated for high blood pressure?
- Do you have a body mass index (BMI) over 30?
- Are you older than 50 years old?
If you answer “Yes” to 3 or more questions, you are at risk for sleep apnea. Please see how you can get started or find a sleep specialist to learn more.
In addition, some other symptoms for sleep disorders include:
- Morning headaches
- Irritability or moodiness
- Poor concentration
- Heartburn at night
- Awakening frequently to urinate
- Awakening with a sore throat
- Frequently awakening with nasal congestion