Innovative procedures and groundbreaking advances make Memorial Hermann's Transplant Center a leader in transplant medicine.
History of Firsts
Our medical staff physicians performed the first liver transplant in Houston and the first pancreas transplant in Texas, and our Organ Transplant Center participated in ground-breaking studies involving the use of the life-saving immunosuppressive drugs cyclosporine and rapamycin.
These drugs are now widely used to ensure the success of organ transplantation. Today, we offer a multidisciplinary approach to patient care for pediatric and adult transplant services of the kidney, liver and pancreas.
At the Memorial Hermann Transplant Center, patients can expect:
- Patient-centered care with rapid assessment, treatment and follow-up
- Evaluation and diagnosis of new patients in one to two days
- Weekly review of patients' medical management programs
- Education and support for families
- On-site financial counselors and housing specialists
- Close communication with referring physicians
Innovative procedures include:
- Transplantation for cancer
- Split liver transplants
- Pediatric and adult programs
For more information:
Texas Kidney Institute Texas Liver CenterThe University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) Medical School