As the site of the first pancreas transplant in Texas, the Transplant Center at Memorial Hermann Hospital-Texas Medical Center has extensive experience in pancreas transplantation for patients with diabetes. Most pancreas transplants are performed simultaneously with kidney transplants for patients with end-stage renal disease as a result of diabetes.
Our multidisciplinary team of highly experienced surgeons and medical specialists, as well as a specially trained team of registered nurses, dietitians, social workers, pharmacists, and transplant coordinators provide outstanding treatment for patients who might benefit from a pancreas transplant or a pancreas-kidney transplant.
At Memorial Hermann, transplant patients can expect to be in the best of hands, including:
- Patient-centered care with rapid assessment, treatment and follow-up
- Evaluation and diagnosis of new patients in one to two days
- Weekly review of patients' medical management programs
- Education and support for families
- Onsite financial counselors and housing specialists
- Close communication with referring physicians
Learn more about pancreas transplant at Memorial Hermann by selecting a link below:
Appointments and Referrals
For more information on pancreas transplantation, or to schedule an appointment, please contact the Transplant Center at (713) 704-5200.