Am I a Candidate for Wound Care?
Do you or a loved one need help to promote healing of a stubborn wound?
If you answer “yes” to any of the questions below, you may be a candidate for wound care. Contact us or schedule an appointment online to get started.
- My wound hasn’t healed after four weeks of conventional treatment.
- My wound shows muscle, tendon or bone.
- I have a non-healing wound and also have an immune disease, diabetes or peripheral vascular disease (PVD).
- My wound has an aggressive bacterial infection that is causing the tissue around it to die (including gas gangrene and flesh-eating bacteria disease).
- I have a bone infection associated with my wound.
- I have intestinal bleeding, blood in my urine, or a wound as a side effect of radiation therapy.
- My wound was caused by a crush injury like a car accident, fall or gunshot.
- My skin graft, flap or sutured limb is failing to “take” after the grafting or re-attachment procedure.
- I have chronic lower extremity swelling, especially if associated with weeping, blisters, infections, or ulcers.
- I have sudden unexplained hearing loss (Idiopathic Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss).
To see a physician specializing in non-healing wounds, see our physician directory. Or, call us at (713) 222-CARE to get a physician referral.
In general, most health insurance plans and Medicare cover the conditions listed here. For specific questions about insurance coverage, please contact your insurance provider directly.
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment, schedule online 24/7 with ScheduleNow or call one of our wound care locations.