Game Time (or anytime) Nachos
- 4 oz baked tortilla chips
- 8 oz 99% lean turkey breast
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup fat free spicy black bean dip
- 1 ⅓ cup reduced fat Mexican cheese
- 2 cups pico de gallo salsa
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ⅔ cup fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place 1 oz (about 14) chips on four oven-proof dishes or one large baking sheet.
- Heat a large nonstick sauté pan over high heat.
- Add turkey.
- Season with cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper and sauté until cooked through, breaking up meat into small pieces with a wooden spoon.
- When cooked, add bean dip and mix well.
- Spoon the turkey mixture over the chips and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake until cheese melts, about 6 minutes.
- Remove the nachos from the oven, top with pico de gallo, sour cream, cilantro and jalepeños.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: about 14 chips
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 347 calories, Total Fat: 9.4g, Carbohydrates: 40.6g, Fiber: 7.1g, Protein: 27.1g
Recipe modified from Skinny Taste: Skinny Loaded Nachos with Turkey, Beans and Cheese
Subscribe to get the latest health and wellness articles
More Health & Wellness
Take a Vacation From Skin Damage: 8 Surprising Skin-Care TipsRead more
Corn Chowder with Roasted PoblanosRead more
Self-Care for the Screen ObsessedRead more
How to Shop a Farmers Market Like a ProRead more
Mother Nature Knows Best: 8 Reasons to Eat SeasonallyRead more
Trust Your Gut: It's Important for Your HealthRead more
Digesting This Year's Diet TrendsRead more
Real Talk—Here's What to Actually Expect PostpartumRead more
Workout 2.0: How to Make On-Demand Workouts Work for YouRead more