Embrace the season and fill your plate with the bounty of fall like squash, leafy greens, apples, figs, grapes and sweet potatoes. If you eat what’s in season, it’s fresher and more likely to be grown locally. Make your game plan for the week, that way you can shop once and be prepared for a week’s worth of healthy dinners. And the best part is you won’t have that endless loop of “What’s for dinner?” on repeat in your head. Here’s a game plan for weeknight evenings when energy and time are at a premium.
- Pumpkin, Apple and Honey Nut Squash Soup
- Mixed Green Salad with Super Simple Salad Dressing
- Salsa Verde Chicken with Kale Guacamole and Pickled Red Onions
- Bolognese over Spaghetti Squash
- Spatchcooked Chicken
- Shortcut Caesar Salad
- Easy Tortellini Casserole
Download the free Fall Weeknight Meal Plan complete with healthy recipes using the form to the right.
Marcia Smart is a cooking instructor, recipe developer and food writer at Smart in the Kitchen. Memorial Hermann partnered with her to put together this simple, healthy recipe.BACK TO CURRENT ARTICLES