Roasted Pepper and Tomato Soup
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 Yellow Onion, coursely chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Thyme Leaves
- 2 Jars of Roasted Bell Peppers
- 1 28-ounce Can Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- Optional garnishes:
- Crème Fraîche
- Sprigs of Thyme
- Basil Leaves
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent.
- Then, add the garlic, basil, and thyme and cook for about 2 more minutes. Stir in the red peppers and tomatoes, with their juices, and simmer for an additional 2 minutes. Then, add the stock and simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- In batches, carefully transfer the contents of the saucepan to the bowl or a food processor. Purée the mixture. Return the puréed mixture to the saucepan to reheat.
- When serving, garnish with crème fraîche, thyme, and basil as desired. Consider the addition of H-E-B’s 100% Whole Grain Select Ingredient Fresh Bread.
Subscribe to get the latest health and wellness articles
More Health & Wellness
What You Should Know About Jet LagRead more
Student Athletes: When is it Safe to Return to the Playing Field?Read more
COVID-19 and Seniors: When Is It Safe to Visit Grandma?Read more
Quarantine Habits: Which to Kick and Which to Keep?Read more
Tips for Safely Resuming Exercise After COVID-19Read more
Portobello Fajitas with Avocado Creme and Radish SlawRead more
Cilantro Lime Aguas FrescaRead more
Safe Socializing in the COVID EraRead more
Living a Healthy Life, During and After COVID-19Read more