Volunteering is as rewarding to the volunteer as it is beneficial to the patients, families, visitors and staff.
- Gaining experience and new skills.
- Making new friends.
- Developing a sense of self-worth and meaning to your life.
- Giving back to the hospital and community.
- Being part of a team that promotes the best in healthcare.
- Interaction with patients, families, staff and fellow volunteers.
Requirements for Volunteering:
- Complete an application/interview.
- Commit to at least one year of service.
- Be willing to work one day per week Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. or 12:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Successfully complete the orientation and training.
- Adhere to a uniform dress code.
Areas of Service:
- Information desk
- Gift shop
- All nursing units
- ICU/surgery waiting area
- Hospital support/transportation
- Clerical assistance
- Patient Advocate Liasions
Benefits for Volunteers:
- Complimentary meal in the hospital cafeteria
- Gift shop discount
- Free annual and flu shots
- Recognition parties and luncheons
Volunteer Programs and Applications:
The Adult Volunteer Program is our year round program. This program is best suited for long-term volunteers that want to serve the hospital and its patients. If this program sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, please contact us.
The Junior Volunteer Summer Program is for high school students (minimum age 15 years old). The application for the summer of 2022 program is now closed. Applications for the 2023 Summer Junior Volunteer Program will be available the first of March 2023.
Memorial Hermann Northeast Volunteer Services
18951 Memorial North
Humble, Texas 77338