If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity to share your time and talents, consider becoming a volunteer at Memorial Hermann Northeast. Volunteering is as rewarding to the volunteer as it is beneficial to the patients, families, visitors and staff.
Volunteers are an integral part of the Memorial Hermann Northeast team. Being a volunteer:
- Helps you gain experience and new skills
- Gives you the opportunity to develop new, lasting friendships
- Adds meaning to your life
- Allows you to give back to the hospital and community
- Makes you part of a team that promotes the best in healthcare
- Lets you interact with patients, families, staff and fellow volunteers
- Helps you accumulate community service hours for school-related projects and scholarships
Requirements for Volunteering:
- Complete an online volunteer application by clicking here.
- Be willing to commit to at least one year of service.
- Volunteer at least one per week four-hour shift Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. or 12:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Successfully complete an interview, a criminal background check, and orientation and training.
- Adhere to a uniform dress code.
Areas of Service:
- Information desk
- Gift shop
- Volunteer office
- Emergency Center
- ICU/Surgery waiting area
- Clerical assistance
Benefits for Volunteers:
- Complimentary meal in the hospital cafeteria
- Gift shop discount
- Free annual tuberculosis screening and flu shots
- Recognition parties and luncheons
Volunteer Programs and Applications:
Adult Volunteer Program
The Adult Volunteer Program is our year round program. Once you complete the online application, the Volunteer Manager will contact you to schedule an interview.
For more information contact:
Manager of Volunteers
Memorial Hermann Northeast
18951 Memorial North
Humble, Texas 77338
Junior Volunteer Program
The online application process for our 2021 Junior Volunteer Program is now closed.
- Commitment: The program requires all junior volunteers to serve a minimum of hours over the program.
- Application: All potential volunteers who can meet the above commitment are asked to fill out an online application. Please do not apply if you are not able to make the commitment.
- Interview: Interviews are required in person for all new applicants. Interview dates will be scheduled on weekends and evenings as to not interfere with school.
- Orientation: All potential volunteers must pass the background check, health screening and interview process before being invited to attend an orientation.
- Training: Each Junior Volunteer will receive one-the-job training in their assigned placements by Memorial Hermann Northeast staff on their first official day of volunteering.
- Volunteer: Juniors will volunteer a minimum of four service hours per week throughout the program. College/general recommendation letters are provided upon request to those students who meet all program requirements.