Volunteer at Memorial Hermann Southeast
Memorial Hermann Southeast offers a wide range of volunteer opportunities. By becoming a volunteer, you will be an integral part of our healthcare team. Volunteering has many rewards:
- Provides an opportunity to develop new work skills.
- Gives you a chance to give back to your community.
- Helps develop a sense of self-worth and meaning in your life.
- Opens new doors to build lasting friendships.
- Allows you to check out new career fields by working closely with healthcare professionals.
- Age: Adult volunteers must be at least 18 years old. Junior volunteers must be 15 years old or have completed their freshman year of high school.
- Commitment: Commit to volunteering at least 4 hours per week for a minimum of one year.
- Application: A background check, annual Tuberculosis screening, and flu shot are required by Memorial Hermann, and performed free of charge for each volunteer.
- Orientation: After your application is completed and processed, every new volunteer is required to attend an orientation class. Orientation classes are held once a month.
- Uniform: Each volunteer must purchase and wear a uniform (shirt, apron, or vest) at a cost of $20.
- Excellent learning and work experience.
- Meet new and exciting people.
- Meal discounts for volunteering 4 or more hours in one day.
- Free flu shots and TB tests.
- Letters of recommendation.
For more information, contact the Volunteer Office at 281-929-6390 or SEVolunteers@memorialhermann.org.