The Ertan Digestive Disease Center and Texas Liver Center integrate surgical expertise into the management of chronic liver disease, chronic pancreatitis, portal hypertension and benign and malignant tumors of the liver, pancreas and biliary tree.
This multidisciplinary approach is undertaken in conjunction with gastroenterologists, advanced therapeutic endoscopists, hepatologists, interventional radiologists, pathologists and medical and radiation oncologists and uses the latest technology and information to diagnose and treat patients with these complex medical problems.
We are a comprehensive treatment team whose mission is to be on the cutting edge of medicine and technology to improve health.
The Surgery Center offers an array of advanced surgical procedures including:
- Liver Transplantation
- Liver resection for benign and malignant tumors of the liver (hepatocellular carcinoma, cholangiocarcinoma, metastatic tumors)
- Radio-frequency ablation of primary or metastatic tumors of the liver
- Resection of malignant biliary tract tumors (cholangiocarcinoma)
- Biliary tract reconstruction for benign bile duct strictures or bile duct injuries following cholecystectomy
- Resection of malignant or benign tumors of the pancreas
- Surgical management of chronic pancreatitis, pseudocysts of the pancreas
- Surgical decompression of portal hypertension (distal spleno-renal shunt, porto-caval shunt, meso-caval shunt)
- Surgical management of medically refractory ascites (Denver shunt)
- Pancreas transplantation
The development of new and improved surgical and medical treatments for liver and pancreas diseases is a major focus within the Surgery Center and clinical studies may be available for interested individuals. These include studies performed in conjunction with the Ertan Digestive Disease Center and the Texas Liver Center.