Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Children’s Memorial Hermann in the Texas Medical Center! Volunteering is a great way to give back and serve your community. We can’t do what we do without the support of individuals like you!
Children’s Memorial Hermann volunteers have the opportunity to engage in play in an effort to normalize the hospital setting for our patients and families. Whether a patient is here short term or long term, our volunteers help promote an excellent Patient Experience by providing services that aid in the comfort and wellbeing on those in our care. Through their service, volunteers make an incredible difference in the lives of the patients and families we serve.
Memorial Hermann's volunteers come from all corners of the community and represent a variety of professions, age groups, physical abilities and ethnic and cultural backgrounds. Memorial Hermann Health System requires every member of its workforce, including volunteers, to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Please keep in mind that prospective volunteers will be required to submit verification of compliance. All have a passion for helping others by committing to donate their time to patients, families and visitors by becoming a part of our amazing team of volunteers.
- Requirements: Applicants must be over the age of 18 to apply for the Children’s Memorial Hermann Traditional Adult Volunteer program. All accepted applicants must be able to complete all necessary onboarding steps such as:
- Online application
- Occupational Health Clearance
- Volunteer Background Check
- Service Assignment Specific Training
- Commitment: Our minimum commitment is of at least one - two hour volunteer shift on a consecutive weekly basis for at least six months. Volunteer shifts are scheduled consistently on the same day and time each week. Schedules are confirmed during the interview around the availability of the volunteer.
- Interview: If the application meets the minimum requirements of the program, the applicant will be invited to come in for an interview with a Volunteer Coordinator. Please note that attending an interview does not guarantee program acceptance. Various interview slots are available to fit the availability of the applicant.
- Orientation: Accepted volunteers will be invited to attend a mandatory New Volunteer Orientation Session. During Orientation, volunteers will learn about Memorial Hermann TMC Culture, hospital policies, rules and regulations, volunteer perks, etc.
- Training: Post New Volunteer Orientation, volunteers are required to attend one training specific the placement selected during the interview. Most Service Assignments have monthly training sessions available and are scheduled during the interview based on the availability of the volunteer.
- Application Process: If you are able to meet all of the above described requirements and are interested in submitting a volunteer application, please click on this link. Please note that submitting an application does not guarantee admission into the program.
Volunteer Benefits & Recognition
We believe that we cannot accomplish what we do without the help of our team of amazing volunteers! Our goal is to provide an exceptional experience to the patients and families in our care. Each hour of volunteer service is deeply appreciated, and service awards are presented each year to honor active volunteers for their contributions to Memorial Hermann. Volunteers are also recognized at formal and informal events throughout the year.
We understand that you take time out of your already busy schedule to volunteer here at Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital. Therefore, we have established the following benefits for active volunteers:
- Learning Experiences
- Free Parking
- Cafeteria Discount
- Gift Shop Discount
- Complimentary Annual Flu Shot
- Letters of Recommendation (after 100 hours of service)
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Meal Ticket (available for volunteers who complete one 4 hour shift)
Other Ways to Get Involved at Memorial Hermann TMC
Interested in other Memorial Hermann TMC programs? Follow the links below!
Children’s Volunteer Services
Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital
6411 Fannin St.
Hermann Pavilion, Ste. HH03
Houston, TX 77030
Phone: (713) 704-2066