International Patient Program
The International Patient Program at Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center welcomes patients from around the world each year who seek an initial diagnosis, treatment for a diagnosed disease or disorder, a valued second opinion, or an annual check-up.
Experienced physicians and staff are dedicated to providing comprehensive care and meeting the cultural needs of international patients. The International Program team speaks a variety of languages. Personal liaisons greet and accompany international patients from the moment of arrival to ease the cultural and social transition and provide personalized services.
- Find the best specialist for the patient's health concern
- Coordinate cost estimates for treatment prior to travel and arrange for payment options if necessary
- Help arrange for travel accommodations at lower prices
- Meet and greet at the airport
- Assist with International patient registration at the hospital and the physician's office
- Coordinate all patient appointments with physicians and hospital
- Coordinate care among specialists to ensure communication
- Provide Interpreter services as needed at the hospital and physicians offices
- Provide for special religious and cultural needs and diets
- Facilitate to receive all medical reports before going back home or as needed
- Follow up with patient home physicians to coordinate treatment, if patient chooses to go home for additional treatment
About Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center
Inside our advanced medical center, you'll discover the latest technology, groundbreaking treatments, the expertise of nearly 1,000 board-certified physicians with more than 81 specialties represented.
Located on the west side of Houston, Memorial City Medical Center is adjacent to a five-star Westin Hotel for guest accommodations, and features skybridge access to Memorial City Mall for abundant retail shopping and restaurant dining. Neighboring areas within minutes from Memorial City include Houston's City Centre and the Galleria for additional shopping and dining.
Specialty Institutes, Centers and Services at Memorial City Medical Center include:
Awards and Recognition
Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center provides exceptional care every day. Our commitment to excellence is recognized not only by our patients but also by the healthcare community. We are proud of the many honors and accolades we have received because they represent the quality care we provide to our patients.
- One of the top 5 large health system by Thomson Reuters
- MIDAS+ Platinum Quality Award for overall quality and clinical performance places us in the top 5 percent of hospitals nationwide.
- HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Achievement™ places us among the top 5 percent of the nation's hospitals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet organization in recognition of exceptional nursing care
- Society of Chest Pain Centers Accreditation
- Primary Stroke Center - The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval™
- Cancer Center Accreditation with Commendations by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- Accredited Breast Center of Excellence by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) and American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence by the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
About the Memorial Hermann System
Memorial Hermann is the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Texas and serves the greater Houston community through 11 hospitals, a vast network of affiliated physicians and numerous specialty programs and services. Our life-saving facilities include: Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, the teaching hospital for UTHealth Medical School at Houston and home of the nation's busiest Level I trauma center; eight suburban hospitals; three premier Heart & Vascular Institutes; TIRR Memorial Hermann, one of the nation's top rehabilitation and research hospitals; Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital; the Ironman Sports Medicine Institute; the Mischer Neuroscience Institute; eight comprehensive Cancer Centers; 21 Imaging Centers; eight Breast Care Centers; 10 surgery centers; 25 sports medicine and rehabilitation centers; 19 diagnostic laboratories; and PaRC, a substance abuse treatment center.
For more information about the International Patient Program at Memorial Hermann Memorial City, call Abeer Saqer at 713.242.4264 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Patient Program
921 Gessner Road
Houston, Texas 77024
Telephone: (713) 242-4264
Fax: (713) 634-2747
Patient Referrals or Email