Being a part of Memorial Hermann means having the opportunity to experience working in a collaborative environment with the best people, on the toughest cases and with unmatched support. As an organization, we are innovative, accountable, empowered, collaborative, result oriented, and most importantly, compassionate. We genuinely care about people and are sensitive to the needs of others. We strive to make a difference. We believe we are One Memorial Hermann. Being ‘One’ means we value the whole over the individual parts of the system.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a valued member of our volunteer team! Our volunteers play a vital role in caring for our patients, supporting our physicians, nurses and staff and assisting guests throughout the Campus. We cannot do what we do without the help of our amazing team of volunteers.
- Requirements: Applicants must be over the age of 18 to apply for the Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center Traditional Adult Volunteer program. All accepted applicants must be able to complete all necessary onboarding steps such as:
- Online application
- Occupational Health Clearance
- Volunteer Background Check
- Service Assignment Specific Training
- Commitment: Our minimum commitment is of at least one - two hour volunteer shift on a consecutive weekly basis for at least six months. Volunteer shifts are scheduled consistently on the same day and time each week. Schedules are confirmed during the interview around the availability of the volunteer.
- Interview: If the application meets the minimum requirements of the program, the applicant will be invited to come in for an interview with a Volunteer Coordinator. Please note that attending an interview does not guarantee program acceptance. Various interview slots are available to fit the availability of the applicant.
- Orientation: Accepted volunteers will be invited to attend a mandatory New Volunteer Orientation Session. During Orientation, volunteers will learn about Memorial Hermann-TMC Culture, hospital policies, rules and regulations, volunteer perks, etc.
- Training: Post New Volunteer Orientation, volunteers are required to attend one training specific the placement selected during the interview. Most Service Assignments have monthly training sessions available and are scheduled during the interview based on the availability of the volunteer.
- Application Process: If you are able to meet all of the above described requirements and are interested in submitting a volunteer application, please click on this link. Please note that submitting an application does not guarantee admission into the program.
Volunteer Benefits & Recognition
We believe that our team of volunteers are pillars to our organization! Our goal is to provide an exceptional experience to the patients and families in our care. Each hour of volunteer service is deeply appreciated, and service awards are presented each year to honor active volunteers for their contributions to Memorial Hermann. Volunteers are also recognized at formal and informal events throughout the year.
We understand that you take time out of your already busy schedule to volunteer here at Memorial Hermann-TMC. Therefore, we have established the following benefits for active volunteers:
- Learning Experiences
- Complementary parking is available for volunteers during scheduled shift
- Cafeteria Discount
- Gift Shop Discount
- Meal Ticket (available for volunteers who complete one 4 hour shift)
- Complimentary Annual Flu Shot
- Letters of Recommendation (after 100 hours of service)
Other Ways to Get Involved at Memorial Hermann-TMC
Interested in other Memorial Hermann-TMC programs? Follow the links below!