As a national leader in patient safety and healthcare quality, Memorial Hermann is committed to providing you the information you and your family need to stay well as H1N1 swine flu begins to impact the greater Houston area. As this public health issue evolves, we will continue to update you on this site.
The most important things you can do to stay healthy and prevent the spread of swine flu are:
- Cover your cough or sneeze (cough/sneeze into a tissue or your shirt, not your hands)
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- If you feel ill - STAY HOME and limit contact with others; and please, do not come to the hospital as a visitor.
- Follow public health advice regarding school closures, avoiding crowds and other social distancing measures.
- Develop a family emergency plan as a precaution. This should include storing a supply of food, medicines, facemasks, alcohol-based hand rubs and other essential supplies.
Symptoms to watch for (similar to the typical flu):
- Body Aches
- Runny Nose
- Sore Throat
Call or visit your primary care physician or a clinic:
Neighborhood Health Center