Make a Gift to Canopy Today
Canopy, a first-of-its-kind cancer survivorship center in the greater Houston area located on the campus of the Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Hospital, offers a wide variety of free programs and services addressing the emotional, physical and social needs of those touched by cancer.
The mission of Canopy is to provide the finest support, education and integrative medical services to all those impacted by cancer in Montgomery County and beyond, regardless of where patients are receiving treatment. The Center serves as the primary location for activities aimed at helping patients and families throughout all phases of their illness, as well as assistance in navigating life after treatment. Created to be a warm and welcoming place with all elements centered on creating a calm and relaxing atmosphere for those who visit, Canopy is a home-away-from-home for cancer survivors and their families.
Canopy offers many survivorship services to our community of patients, including:
- A cooking demonstration room for nutritional education and counseling
- A large support group room for caregiver support sessions, yoga classes, music, art and dance therapy, "Ask the Doctor" sessions, and so much more
- A small support group room for private counseling, small group counseling sessions, meetings with a social worker or dietician, and Look Good Feel Better sessions
- A consultation room for one-on-one counseling and other sensitive discussions
- An onsite resource library and electronic resources
- A massage therapy room for individualized massage treatment
- A private dressing room area for breast prosthesis and bra fittings
- A wig salon for individuals coping with hair loss
Philanthropic funds are critical to ensure that these services continue to be provided at no cost to those cancer patients and family members that need them the most.
To make a gift, please use the form below. For information on multi-year gifts or naming opportunities, please contact the Memorial Hermann Foundation by phone at 713-242-4400 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us as we elevate life above cancer. To learn more about Canopy, please visit www.thewoodlandscanopy.org.