Capellini with Lemon, Asparagus, Garlic & Parsley
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus, thick ends trimmed and cut into very thin slices
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Yellow Squash, diced
- Lemon juice from ½ of lemon
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Capellini, spaghettini or shaghetti
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Use 1 teaspoon salt per cup of water.
- In a large frying pan, over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the garlic and asparagus. Sauté until the garlic is fragrant, about 1-2 minutes, being careful not to burn the garlic. Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon salt. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Once the water is boiling, add the pasta to the water and stir. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is al dente according to the package directions. Reserve about ½ cup of the cooking water in a bowl or measuring cup and drain the pasta.
- Add the drained pasta and the parsley to the serving bowl. Toss to coat. Add as much of the pasta water as needed to loosen up the pasta and get the desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add additional lemon juice from the remaining half lemon if you’d like more acidity.
Subscribe to get the latest health and wellness articles
More Health & Wellness
Top Questions Fitness Pros Are AskedRead more
News Flash on Hot Flashes: 8 Things You Need to Know About MenopauseRead more
Snooze or Snore Fest? Don't Sleep on These Snoring SolutionsRead more
I'm A Doctor: Here's What I Learned From IVFRead more
5 Surprising Produce Pointers: How to Make Your Groceries Last LongerRead more
Daily Dose: Here's What a Doctor Wants Women to Know About Vitamins and SupplementsRead more
4 Men’s Health Conditions You May Not Want to Talk About, but ShouldRead more
How to Enjoy Vacation Without Taking a Health HiatusRead more
The Fourth Trimester: What to Expect During Baby's First Three MonthsRead more