Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital has provided quality care to children and women for more than three decades, and is one of the premier children’s hospitals in the United States. The hospital's neonatal intensive care unit, pediatric intensive care unit, and specialty care and general pediatric units ensure that children of all ages and medical conditions benefit from specialized services provided in a place created just for them.
- 118-bed Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is equipped to care for premature babies born as early as 23 weeks of gestation and weighing as little as one pound.
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit is a 30-bed unit equipped to treat children with serious or life-threatening injuries or illness
- Children's Special Care Unit is dedicated to children providing diagnosis, treatment and surgical care for children requiring hospitalization
- Child Life and Expressive Therapies available onsite to help patients and families cope with the stress and concern with hospitalization and illness.
- Neonatal and Pediatric Transport Teams are specialized in the transport and care of critically ill patients in need of specialized services. Our teams transport patients as quickly as possible and provide the highest level of care while en route to the hospital.
Children's Heart Institute
The Children’s Heart Institute at Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital is a leader in cardiac care, providing a broad range of surgical and nonsurgical treatments for children with congenital (present at birth) and acquired heart disease. We offer children of all ages a continuum of care, ensuring compassionate, quality care for all patients, while utilizing innovative technologies, advanced treatment options and specialty multidisciplinary programs, including:
- Fetal Cardiology – the dedicated program specializes in the early detection, monitoring and delivery care plan for babies diagnosed in utero with a heart defect.
- Pediatric Preventive Cardiology – the specialized program includes a multidisciplinary team that takes a comprehensive approach to treating children and adolescents with risk factors for early onset cardiovascular disease.
- Interventional Cardiology – recent improvements in nonsurgical procedures allow the specialty-trained team of affiliated cardiologists to offer patients conservative treatment, when suitable, such as available minimally invasive options. Benefits to these options can include little to no scarring and less pain, and, in many cases, a shorter hospital stay and faster recovery.
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease – the program combines the expertise of the physicians affiliated with the Children’s Heart Institute and Memorial Hermann Heart & Vascular Institute-Texas Medical Center to address the unique needs of patients born with congenital heart defects as they transition from birth to childhood, to adolescence, and into adulthood.
- Surgical/Catheterization Collaborative Procedures – Sometimes, alternative procedures are available that bring together the skills of both the surgical team and the interventional cardiology team to provide a minimally invasive approach working together to ensure that patients receive the best care possible.
- State-of-the-Art Surgical Procedures – the affiliated pediatric heart surgeons have the experience and expertise necessary to offer unique services for the most complex cases, including, but not limited to full repairs for complex congenital heart defects in newborns and biventricular repairs and biventricular conversions.
Children's Neuroscience Center
A destination for patients from every corner of the world, the Children's Neuroscience Center is dedicated to providing exceptional care in pediatric neurology. Pediatric neurologists and nurses are able to diagnose and treat a broad range of disorders from the common to the complex and rare. Major areas of focus include treatment of epilepsy, brain tumors, spina bifida, head trauma, neuromuscular disease, movement disorders, craniofacial disorders, hydrocephalus, neurofibromatosis, cerebral palsy and sleep disorders.
- The Texas Comprehensive Epilepsy Program is the leading medical establishment in the Southwestern United States for diagnosing and treating patients of all ages for seizures and epilepsy. Young people have access to our Epilepsy Monitoring Unit, which offers the latest in diagnosis and treatment of epileptic conditions from anticonvulsant medications to surgical intervention.
- Pediatric Neurosurgery provides expertise in pediatric oncology, surgical treatment for spastic cerebral palsy, craniofacial surgery, spinal deformities, microsurgical nerve repair, traumatic brain and spine injury, cerebrovascular disease and congenital malformations.
- Conditions are diagnosed through the use of dedicated pediatric imaging services, including MRI and CT, Magnetoencephalography (MEG), neurovascular imaging and Single Photon Emission Computerized Tomography (SPECT).
The Fetal Center at Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital
A national referring center, The Fetal Center offers patients a complete range of prenatal testing and fetal interventions with a coordinated program for mother and child before, during and after birth. Major areas of interest and experience include open fetal surgery for spina bifida repair, laser ablation to treat twin-twin transfusion syndrome, RH disease, congenital diaphragmatic hernia, gastroschisis, and other congenital anomalies or genetic abnormalities. The team’s expertise and experience include:
If you are an international patient wanting to visit Memorial Hermann, please fill out the form below, and we will contact you.