At Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center, we are here for your entire family. In fact, we’ve been caring for The Woodlands and surrounding communities since 1985. Our team of doctors, nurses, therapists and other allied healthcare professionals are focused on the specialized needs of growing children with an emphasis on quality and customer service.
What Makes Children’s Memorial Hermann the Woodlands Special?
- Pediatric subspecialists right here in The Woodlands including pediatric cardiology, pediatric G/I, pediatric neurology, pediatric endocrinology, pediatric dermatology and pediatric ophthalmology.
- Two emergency rooms equipped and ready to treat your family. Featuring board-certified physicians, pedi equipment, pedi decorated exam rooms, and even a new pedi waiting area at Memorial Hermann 24 HR Emergency Care.
- Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center features a 6-bed, dedicated Pediatric Unit. The unit is specially designed with kids in mind and includes a playroom with toys and video games for pediatric patients. Our Child Life Specialist offers adjacent to this unit. The Pediatric Unit is designed around the principles of family- and patient-centered care. Each room features a sleeper sofa so a parent or loved one can spend the night. There are decorative ceiling tiles in each room, along with other whimsical elements to make kids feel more at home in the hospital environment.
- A Level III neonatal intensive care unit with the ability to care for premature infants at any gestational age, including the capability to provide conventional mechanical ventilation.
- The services of a Child Life specialist working to make each child’s healthcare experience less frightening by explaining to children what to expect during hospitalization or how to cope with the illness or injury of a parent or other family member.
- Access to specialized high-risk pregnancy care through affiliated maternal fetal medicine trained OB/Gyn physicians on the campus of Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center.
- The support and resources of Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital, located within Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center.
- Access to the Children’s Transport Team for specialized emergency pediatric and neonatal transport services for patients by ground ambulance or via Memorial Hermann Life Flight®.
- TIRR Memorial Hermann - The Woodlands offers an array of specialized pediatric rehabilitation therapy programs in a new outpatient setting. Whether pediatric patients are newly released from the NICU or have any neurological injury or illness, TIRR Memorial Hermann has one goal in mind, getting these young patients back to the life they love surrounded by family and friends. From birth, adolescence through adulthood TIRR Memorial Hermann supports a wide variety of pediatric issues: spinal cord injury, spina bifida, cerebral palsy, brain injury, stroke, spasticity management,weight management, neuropsych services and more.
- Named a Baby-Friendly® facility by Baby-Friendly USA, Inc., an initiative of the World Health Organization and UNICEF
- The Preemie Place, located at 920 Medical Plaza Drive, Suite 460, is a multidisciplinary clinic for babies and toddlers, birth to three years of age who were born premature, sick at birth, or have developmental, feeding, or language needs. Our neonatal and pediatric therapy team have advanced training in the care of premature infants, newborns, and toddlers. The Preemie Place phone number is (832) 616-4360.
- The Pediatric Surgery Telemedicine Program at Memorial Hermann The Woodlands, in collaboration with Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) Medical School in the Texas Medical Center, provides around-the-clock access to real-time pediatric surgical consultations for infants, children and adolescents in The Woodlands and surrounding communities.
The Healthcare Team
Our skilled healthcare team has specialized training in the care of children and infants. It includes:
- Pediatric Radiologists
- Pediatric Subspecialists
- Neonatal nurse practitioners
- Respiratory therapists
- Child Life specialist
- Maternal-fetal medicine specialists
- Lactation consultants
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech therapists
- Pediatric pharmacist
- Pediatric dietitian
- Social workers
- Case managers
- Other healthcare professionals
Richard Rivas, MD Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
In our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) our medical staff cares for infants at any gestational age.
Our medical staff neonatologists and neonatal nurse practitioners lead a specialized team of nurses, respiratory therapists, occupational therapist, physical therapists, lactation consultants, pharmacists and social workers who work together to care for your baby.
Our NICU staff will provide specialized treatment in a patient- and family-centered care environment with an open visitation policy to encourage and support your involvement in the care of your baby.
The Preemie Place
The Preemie Place, located at 920 Medical Plaza Drive, Suite 460, is a multidisciplinary clinic for babies and toddlers, birth to three years of age who were born premature, sick at birth, or have developmental, feeding, or language needs.
Children’s Memorial Hermann at Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center has come together with Pediatrix/Mednax Medical Group and TIRR Memorial Hermann— The Woodlands to provide access to specialty services, such as neonatal and pediatric therapy, to help guide your family on this journey. Our neonatal and pediatric therapy team (including physical, occupational and speech) have advanced training in the care of premature infants, newborns, and toddlers. The Preemie Place phone number is (832) 616-4360.
The Pediatric Surgery Telemedicine Program at Memorial Hermann The Woodlands provides around-the-clock access to real-time pediatric surgical consultations for infants, children and adolescents in The Woodlands and surrounding communities.
While most infant surgeries can be performed at our facility, in the event that your baby must be transferred, Memorial Hermann Life Flight®, with a dedicated Neonatal Transport Team, is readily available. Our affiliation with Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital provides for seamless access to the higher level specialty services offered at the university-affiliated hospital.
About Richard Rivas, M.D.
Our NICU was rededicated as the Richard Rivas, M.D. Neonatal Intensive Care Unit after the unexpected passing of Dr. Rivas in late 2013 after a cycling accident. Dr. Rivas was a long-time neonatologist at our NICU and lead the unit to the tremendous growth and reputation that it has today.
Need a Referral?
If you need a referral to a pediatrician or any of the services available at Children’s Memorial Hermann at Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center, call (713) 897-5959.
More on Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical